Learn the basics and proper freediving technique in our Discover Freediving class, which gives an in-depth introduction to the sport of freediving and teaches the foundational skills and key safety points to start freediving. The Discover Freediving class spans 4 hours – 2 hours of theory and 2 hours on an open water dive – and covers Day 1 of the 2-day Apnea Total Freediver Course – with a maximum depth of 11 meters.
The Discover Freediving class is not a certification course, however, students can choose to continue their education and complete Day 2 of the Freediver Course to gain their Apnea Total Freediver certification.
- 1.5 – 2 hours
- Introduction to freediving
- Freediving disciplines
- Familiarization of Equipment
- Diving Techniques FIM & CWT
- Breathing techniques & Recovery Breathing
- Hydration & Diet
- Safety points
Open Water Session
- 2 hours
- Practice of efficient breathing technique in the water
- Practice duck-dives and kicking technique
- Practice and correction of body positioning
- Buoyancy test
- Freedives on the dive-line to a maximum depth of 11 meters
Ready to dive?
Ready to give freediving a go?